When it comes to motivation, I have found that some people need to be a little hard on themselves in order to get stuff done. They need to tell themselves to get their shit together and pronto to push themselves out of their lazy, unproductive cycle.
On occasion, I’ve been in need of some tough love; so fed-up with myself for moping around, blaming anxiety and circumstance, when I just need to fucking get on with it. If I don’t do anything, then I won’t achieve anything, and that thought scares me.
Feeling sorry for yourself is going to get you nowhere!
So, with this in mind, I’ve gathered together a few quotes based on sucking it up and getting on with whatever you need to do to succeed. They are perfect for when you need to have a word with yourself about your actions (or lack thereof):
1. “Nobody cares for your excuses. Nobody pities you for procrastinating. Nobody is going to cuddle you because you are lazy. It’s your ass; you move it.” – doyoueven.com; via Pinterest
2. Push yourself, because no one else will do it for you.” – Recoveryexperts.com; via Pinterest
3. “When times are tough, dare to be tougher” – averstu.com; via Pinterest
4. “I stopped waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel and lit that bitch up myself.” – Fuckology; via Pinterest
5. “I see pride! I see power! I see a bad-ass mother who don’t take no crap off of nobody!” – Cool Runnings [movie]
And these are just some of the things that you need to tell yourself, probably on a daily basis, to get shit done. After all, we are responsible for our own actions, and sometimes the softly softly approach just does not work.
© The Motivation Project 2019